7.18.2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I couldn't even tell you the last time I did a weekend wrap up, I'm usually too lazy to do one and figure that by Wednesday there is really no point in it but I have lots to share from this past weekend!!

I'm going to start off with Thursday:

As you all know, Thursday was my ultrasound appointment. After my appointment my mom & I decided to go shopping {well we decided to do that when she said she would be in town for the ultrasound} and use some coupons that I had been saving! Of course our plans were changed a little when we couldn't buy any pink stuff but I had to get something!! He definitely doesn't need any clothes considering that Keegan was born November 14 and this little boy will most likely be born in November some time but I couldn't pass up the awesome deal that Babie's R Us was having. They had a deal where you get one of those reusable totes and you get an extra 30% off any already clearance priced clothes that you put in it so I grabbed a couple of outfits but this is probably my favorite from the day...


Seriously, how cute is that?!?! And the matching shoes...adorable, I couldn't not get it!! I'm thinking this would be a super cute Easter outfit!!

Of course Grandma grabbed some things too, like these shirts for the boys...


Sooo cute!! I can't wait to get their picture with these on!! Grandma also said that she wanted to buy the bedding so we went home with a brand new bedding set too!!
We had neutral bedding with Keegan since we didn't know if he was a boy or girl until he was born so I'm pretty excited to actually decorate the room with real boy stuff!!

On Friday a bunch of us headed over to one of my aunt's house to go swimming for the afternoon since my mom and another one of my aunts were in town. Keegan had a blast swimming and playing with his cousins, especially Reed!! That night we headed down to Lisa's in Rocher for some fish and the food was awesome! I haven't eaten there in probably 5 or 6 years but I'm thinking we are going to have to go back there more often!!

Saturday was the big "family introduction" party. Don't know what I'm talking about?! I'll fill you in....you see my grandpa has had a girlfriend for quite some time now. Well one of her sons decided that he wanted to get everyone together so we could all meet....and when I say everyone I mean a ton of people!! My grandpa has 7 kids, 15 grankids, 1 great-grandkid plus all of the spouses and Betty {his girlfriend} has 6 kids, 16 grandkids, 2 great-grandkids plus all of the spouses!! I think with everyone it adds up to like 70 people....crazy!! It turned out that the party wasn't just an "introductory" party, it was also kind of a celebration. Last weekend my grandpa popped the question and Betty said yes....they are officially engaged!!


Are they not the cutest?!?!?! Soooo happy for both of them!! I think Betty will be a great addition to our family!!!

Back to the get-together.....it was a BBQ/swimming party and Keegan took full advantage of the swimming part!! I think he literally swam for 8 hours, no joke!! He did get out of the pool three times to eat and about 15 times to pee {I think he was swallowing too much water} but other than that he was in the pool nonstop!! He even got brave and went off the diving board!!



two thumbs up!!

He loved it!!! I couldn't even tell you how many times he went off that thing! I wish I would have remembered my camera so I could have gotten a lot more pictures but of course I forgot it at home! Besides the swimming there was a ton of awesome food & I think the two families got along really good!! Speaking of food, I made cake pops for the very first time ever!! They were super easy to do and I got lots of compliments on them {which I loved because I was super nervous about how they would turn out!}. I did use too much frosting but now I know not to next time!!

Sunday was kind of a lazy day...a much needed lazy day!! We were hanging around the house and Ryan kept asking what we were going to do for lunch so I threw out the idea of going to Wal-Mart then we could stop at Taco Bell for lunch!! After seeing that they have their burrito supreme for only 99 cents I was craving one big time!! While at Wal-Mart we picked out the paint for the baby's room!! I got bittersweet chocolate & sweet baby boy {a light blue}...they look amazing with the bedding!! The goal is to have brown & blue stripes, blue on the top and a chair rail in the middle....hopefully that will be the final look!! Sunday night we headed over to my grandpa's to put a dent into all of the leftover food from the day before.

 Keegan loved playing with Grandma Connie, Uncle Conner and all of his cousins this weekend!! I don't know what he is going to do this week since Grandma is gone now though, he pretty much lived with her while she was in town!!

3 comments:

The Pettijohns said...

Sounds like a pretty busy and exciting weekend. They look so cute together. I love the baby bedding set. Cannot wait to see how it turns out.

Cassie said...

isn't Lisa's fish just amazing?!!? i could eat it every friday. sooooooo good!!

and yay for grandpa! i see them in church and think that they are just too cute. old people in love makes me smile. lol.

sblind2 said...

Ohh, I love the bedding and the Easter outfit!! =) Blue and Brown will look great with it!