9.20.2011

clean up on aisle 3

I went grocery shopping today. This isn't something that I would consider to be one of my favorite things to do but I also don't hate having to do it either....until today!

I was simply walking around Aldi, minding my own business grabbing things off the shelves, everything was just fine & dandy until I get to the milk.

I opened the door to the refrigerator where the milk was and apparently I was standing a little too close to it because the door scrapped against my toe. It hurt like hell but I figured it was no big deal. I take a couple of steps, look down and notice that there is a little bit of red starting to show. I still think it's no biggie, it just looked like a scratch where blood just barely surfaces the top of it. Take a couple more steps and there is now blood pouring out of my big toe. Seriously, the blood was flowing! My first thought is "crap, I don't have any band aids or napkins in my purse" then I think to myself "I wonder if they have any band aids here"....just an fyi, Aldi doesn't sell band aids! I thought about grabbing a pack of napkins and opening them so I could wipe the blood off of my toe, which is now going under my toe. By the time I get to the napkins I look at my foot and there is blood everywhere underneath my foot and all over my flip flop...and it's starting to dry a little! So I said screw it, it won't do any good now that the blood is starting to dry. So I walked around and finished up my shopping with blood running down my big toe and a puddle of blood on my flip flop {and no, the blood did not get on the floor, I made sure I wasn't leaving a trail behind me!}


Doesn't look like much blood but trust me, looks can be deceiving!!

Of course I had to go to Wal-Mart afterwards too! So I went from the crazy pregnant lady walking around Aldi with blood all over her foot to the crazy pregnant lady in the Wal-Mart bathroom cleaning her foot & flip flop off at the sink! Let me just say, a big toe can bleed a lot!! There was way more blood on the bottom of my foot & my flip flop then I thought there was....thank God they had paper towels in there and not just the hand dryer things!!

Lesson of the day: never stand too close to the door on the milk refrigerator at Aldi and always carry at least one band aid in your purse at all times!

2 comments:

Stacy B said...

I'm impressed that you can still get your foot up by your stearing wheel to take a picture of your toe =)

Hope your toe gets better fast and thanks for sharing, I will always watch my feet when opening the freezer doors! =)

Meagan said...

Ha! It took me a couple of minutes to figure out how I was going to get that picture....definitely wasn't easy! Lol

And yes, watch your toes!!