9.21.2010

Tasty Tuesday

I'm sure every mom can relate to the problem I'm experiencing....finding new recipes to make for dinner that are QUICK, EASY, and GOOD!

When it comes time to making dinner I always find myself making the same stuff over and over again. Granted most of the stuff is some of our favorites so there are no complaints coming from my family but I would love to have some variety in there every once in a while too. I know that the simple thing would be to just pull out a cookbook and whip something up, but that can be difficult when you don't have much time to prepare dinner so I usually save those meals for the weekends when I know I have the extra time to spend on cooking.

So here is my proposition to you...I will share one of our favorites things to have for dinner {which is of course fast & easy} if you promise to share a recipe also {but it has to be fast & easy}! Now the directions aren't going to exactly be step by step because I don't follow a recipe when I make this so hopefully it will all make sense!

Taco Casserole

* 1lb hamburger
* 1 package taco seasoning
* 1 can Fiesta Nacho Cheese
* Approximately 1/2 bag of wide egg noodles
* Nacho Cheese Dorritos
* Shredded cheese of your choice

Brown hamburger until no longer pink & drain excess fat. Add taco seasoning to hamburger (follow directions on package). Cook noodles according to package. Once hamburger is done mix in can of Fiesta Nacho Cheese. (I keep it on low heat to keep warm if noodles are not done yet at this point.) 

Once both noodles and hamburger mixture is done, mix all together in casserole dish. Top with crushed Dorritos {sometimes I mix it up and use the spicy ones} and then layer with shredded cheese {I like to use the Fiesta Blend}. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted at 350 degrees.

Then stuff your face!! lol

Now it's your turn to share a recipe.....


6 comments:

sblind2 said...

That sounds great! I'm not a great cook, but I have a great crockpot dish:

3-4 pork chops
Pork stove top
cream of mushroom or chicken soup (which ever you perfer)

Line the crockpot with the raw pork chops, put cream of ___ soup on top. Prepare the stove top according to the package and put on top. Cook on low all day....the pork will FALL OFF the bone! so good!

Meagan said...

That sounds really good...definitely going to try it!! I love crock pot recipes too...so easy!

sblind2 said...

Boy....for someone who doesn't cook, I have another recipe for you! =)

Ingredients:
ready-made pie crust
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1ish cup shredded cheese
1ish cup other fillings—broccoli, ham, hamburger-really anything!

Pre-heat to 375° (bake on a cookie sheet in case it runs over)

-bake crust for 5 min
-mix together cheese and filling(s) with 1 tbsp flour, and place in pie shell
-beat eggs and milk together with a pinch of salt, pepper
-pour egg mixture over cheese/filling mixture in pie shell, leaving just ¼ - ½ inch of crust at rim. Make sure the filling has been coated with egg—it’s okay if it’s not all completely submerged.
-Bake for 30 min. Jiggle it a bit to make sure the center is set, and make sure the top has browned a little.
-Let it sit for about 15 min after you take it out of the oven

Meagan said...

I'm going to have to try that one too! Thanks!

Cassie said...

Wow, I love all of these so far!

A new one I just came across and made a few weeks ago: Chicken Tacos

In the crock pot, in the morning put four frozen chicken breasts on the bottom, top with one cup of salsa and a pack of taco seasoning (i mix the salsa and taco seasoning together). let it cook all day on low, when you get home the chicken just shreads. get out your favorite taco stuff and you have tacos! also good on chip for nachos!!

Adrien said...

The EASIEST thing I make (which I'm probably making tonight) is chicken breast - thawed or frozen - laid in a baking dish. Cover with your favorite cheese and spaghetti sauce and bake for about an hour. Done. :) I love it, because you don't have to thaw the chicken breast first, so when I just completely spaz out and forget about dinner, I can throw this together really fast. And I line the baking dish with foil, so there's minimal clean up, too!