11.11.2010

Thankful Thursday



I want to start my "thankful Thursday" with something that I know that not only am I thankful for, but I'm sure every person who is reading this is as well....our freedom. I am thankful to every single person who has fought in wars, missed out on watching their kids grow, been thousands of miles away from their families, been injured, became a prisoner of war, sacrificed their life and freedom all so I can sit here today and enjoy all the things that they have missed out on. Without these people we wouldn't have the freedom that we get to enjoy {and sometimes take for granted}. So a big THANK YOU to all of the vets, past and present, for allowing me to live such a great life!

Ok....now on to the other random things that I'm thankful for! :)

I'm thankful for my mom! I'm pretty sure that I couldn't even come close to all of the reasons why I'm thankful for her but I will give you some. She is the one person who always has the right answer to any question that I have. She was a single parent for the majority of my life and I like to think she did an amazing job at it! She is an awesome cook! She has always done whatever she needed to whenever I needed {or still need} her help. She is a wonderful grandma.

I'm thankful that Keegan is now officially potty trained!! WOOHOO!!! I was literally starting to think that this day would never come but it has!! Everyone that told me that he would do it when he was ready and that it probably wouldn't happen until around his 3rd birthday was right....that is exactly how it happened. He started wearing big boy underwear on Sunday and has kept them on since {not the same pair though}. He has only worn a diaper at bedtime & nap time {don't trust to go that long yet} and he has even stayed dry a couple of those times! And since he started wearing underwear he has only had a total of 3 accidents....amazing!! I'm one happy mom right now!


And in Keegan's words "I don't wear diapers, only babies wear diapers and I'm a big boy"!

I'm thankful for food! Yep, just food in general....I love to eat, it's one of my favorite past times!

I'm thankful for a good pair of boots {gotta have them to go with the perfect pair of jeans right?}. Most importantly, I'm thankful for finding these new boots on sale for 1/2 off the original price!


They are definitely my new favorites and I can't wait to wear them!! Do you think skinny jeans & boots are appropriate for casual Friday at work?! {please say yes so I can wear them tomorrow!}



 


No comments: