1.03.2011

Well Hello 2011

Can I just say that I can't believe it is already 2011....I mean seriously, where in the world did 2010 go?! I feel like the past year was a complete whirlwind and I don't remember any of it! Oh well, here is to a new, bigger & better year! {at least I hope it is better!}

Speaking of better, this year I decided to set some resolutions goals for myself. Yep, I don't have resolutions, I have goals...which is basically me telling myself that I am more likely to meet these things if I consider them to be goals rather than resolutions {we'll see how well it works but I wouldn't hold your breathe if I were you}. I usually don't do these kind of things because well, I know I'm not going to stick to it but this year I figure if I really want it to be better than 2010 than I should probably make a good effort to make it that way.

For starters, I want to set a budget for us. Don't get me wrong, we save money and we don't have an unmanageable amount of debt {if you don't count our house, which I don't} and I try to use coupons and buy things when they are on sale but we could do better. I would like to actually put more of our money towards savings and try to get our spending habits into better shape.

Speaking of getting things in better shape....it wouldn't hurt if my body did the same thing! I guess this means that I am going to try the whole watch what I eat and work out more thing that people do to stay in shape. I'm not going to lie....this is my least favorite resolution goal that I want to accomplish.

Something else that I would like to do is to make weekly "menus" for dinner. I know this sounds a little um...corny....but I really think it would help out tremendously and I won't have to go home every night wondering what the hell I'm going to make, not be able to think of anything and then eating out or getting something from the oh so delicious deli at IGA.

I also would like to go to church more....I'm really bad about it now because on Saturday's Keegan is usually sleeping during that time {that is if he actually takes a nap} and on Sunday's I don't like getting out of my pjs until I absolutely have to. Not the best reasons to not go to church but that's all I got...which is why I would like to put more effort towards actually getting my butt our butts in that pew!

And that's all I got...nothing exciting really but I'm hoping that since they seem like pretty reasonable goals I will be able to accomplish them!! What about you....got any resolutions or goals for the new year?

3 comments:

Heather said...

I would love to do the menu thing. It's hard to cook for one person and cook stuff that is actually healthy. So when I go grocery shopping I usually spend the majority of my time in the frozen foods, canned foods, and pizza aisles. SO not healthy. I am like a big solid block of processed foods.

Adrien said...

I hear ya on the resolutions/goals thing. Usually when people make resolutions they want to stop or give up something. I want to actually DO things, haha. Wouldn't life be so much easier if we had weekly accountability meetings? "Okay, let's share our menus and budgets for the week. Good. Now, let's all pile into one car and go work out." Well...at least we'd all be a little skinnier and well fed. :)

Cassie said...

I think we should start the "Monday Menu" geesh even if I could just get TWO meals cooked and take care of for the week I would be happy. I mean come on at least one night we eat left overs and at least one night we eat out. I could go at least ONE night with having to come home and actually cook. Oh I can see it now! Good idea!!

And please come to church on Saturdays, it's quite entertaining considering my child is usually being horrible. lol. But she will keep you entertained.

Good luck!!