2.21.2011

Toy Room Transformation

The time has finally come....the toy room transformation is finally being revealed!! Keep in mind that there is still work to be done in this room and it will all get done within time {hopefully sooner rather than later} and I will show you the new additions to the room as they are added!!

Before
                    
After

I didn't get any pictures of the room after everything was ripped out...the hubs moved a little too fast at getting everything done before I could whip out my camera. I was able to get some pictures after the new drywall went up and before the painting started...



The walls covered in primer....

This room use to be completely open to the rest of the basement. Ryan built the little wall with the double door opening when refinishing the other part of the basement so we could close it off when needed.



First coat of paint...

Both of the doors on this wall were double closet doors. When re framing the room Ryan decided to make the one on the far left a sliding door and the one on the right a single, regular door. {Please ignore all of the crap you see behind the door openings!!}



Painting is done...trim, doors & new carpet installed!!


BTW...the missing pieces of trim above the doors have been installed since these pictures have been taken!!


  
Some, but not all, of the toys are in the room...

See the back wall, the one where the little table is sitting in front of? Picture wall to wall built in shelves there...not sure when that will happen but I've been told that it will and I'm very excited about it! We need all the extra storage we can get in this room!




There will be a little something going on the wall underneath the "Keegan" sign between the two doors!



There it is...the "new" toy room...however the "old" toy room still has a bunch of toys in it, along with the living room upstairs and Keegan's bedroom!

I really, really, really love the way the red paint turned out {thanks again Kim for the awesome deal!} and am sooo glad I don't listen to Ryan when it comes to picking out paint colors!! I can't wait to get some things up on the walls because them being bare is driving me crazy!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Luke is SOOOOOO jealous Keegan! Lucky little boy :)

Adrien said...

Cool! What a difference some color can make! I'm so jealous of all of you ladies who can paint at will. :) You're super lucky to have a handy husband, too!

Stephanie said...

The room turned out so good! I love the red walls, they look great! (love the Keegan banner too :) )