4.06.2011

Let's Play Catch Up!!

I know, I know I've totally been slacking lately!! I just...don't have a whole lot going on. I have all kinds of ideas and things I want to blog about but when it comes down to actually sitting down and doing it I don't really feel like it!! Well, except for the 30 day challenge posts {which I do like 5 at a time and schedule them to post on the correct days...that's not cheating is it?!}.

Let's rewind a couple of days and go back to the weekend....

Friday was pretty low key hung out at home and went over to Ryan's parents' house to play some April Fool's jokes!! Lets just say that it was a success and hilarious!!

Saturday was a good day, except for the fact that my massage got cancelled!! UGH!!! I was soooo excited to finally use my gift card that the hubs got me for Valentine's day but it didn't work out so I rescheduled it. We did some stuff around the house and then headed out for date night! Keegan got to go watch grandpa bowl since he was in a bowling tournament that afternoon and he had a blast running around the bowling alley. We headed to Tucker's to eat, one of our favorite restaurants...have you ever been there?! Oh em gee...the best baked potatoes ever! Seriously, they are amazing and huge...they are so big that they could be a meal all by themselves! I swear that the one I had was as big as Keegan's head!! Then I found out that they have fried zucchini as an appetizer....it was like heaven & they definitely earned some more brownie points in my book!! I have been wanting some fried zucchini for like 2 months now and can't find it anywhere so I stuffed my face like crazy with those things!! So good!! We saw the movie "Limitless" also...it was ok, it wasn't bad but it wasn't the best movie eve. It definitely helped that Bradley Cooper was the main character and I got to look at him the whole time! :) We ended up seeing an early movie so us being the crazy people we are went to Target & Home Depot before heading home! And....we were still home by 9:45 and then found out that Keegan was out later than us, which usually happens when we have a date night. However, I finally got everything for Keegan's Easter basket and we were successful at picking out a new counter for the bar in the basement at Home Depot, don't know when we will actually get it but we have the color picked out!

On Sunday we took complete advantage of the beautiful weather that we had! We went to multiple parks and stayed outside pretty much all afternoon. Since we knew it was suppose to be really windy we bought Keegan a kite at Target the night before and planned on doing that as well. He was really, really excited about it so we got the park and got everything ready to go...Ryan handed the kite over to Keegan and after 5 seconds his hands slipped and kite went flying away...luckily not too much string was let out and it didn't go very far but after that Keegan wanted nothing to do with touching the kite so I ended up flying it. I was pretty impressed with my kite flying skills...granted it feel a couple of times but I was able to get it back up in .5 seconds! It was all going good until I decided to stop flying it and join the boys on the playground. I was winding the string back up and then all of a sudden it went flying out of my hands....and landed in the tree!! whoops!! But with my amazing mom skills I was able to get the kite out of the tree...not sure how I did it exactly but I did!! However, the ribbons that hang down from the kite didn't make it out of the tree and when Keegan saw that we had a huge meltdown!! All of a sudden he was attached to this kite that he held in his hands for 2 seconds and couldn't believe that I "broke" his kite! We tried telling him that it was ok and the kite still worked and even bribed him with a new kite but none of that mattered, his precious kite was broken! He wouldn't stop talking about it the rest of the day. Actually, he even mentioned it last night when I was putting him to bed and said something about going to the park today, his response was "I don't want to go to the park where my kite broke". Pretty sure he is going to be traumatized for life about his broken kite!! We ended the day with some grilling and hanging out watching tv.

 Oh...let me tell you about what happened to me yesterday!! So I had an interview...did the whole normal interview process and it was time to go. I stood up and it was like I had no feeling in my right foot. It wasn't that tingly feeling like when it falls asleep and I've never had this feeling before so I started to walk around the table and all of a sudden I couldn't walk and my foot like twisted underneath of me!! It was sooo weird and of course I was embarrassed. The feeling was still there but I kept walking anyways, I mean what was I suppose to do, just stand there until the feeling went away? Then...it happened again!! Except it was way worse than the first time & I seriously thought I was going to fall down!! It was horrible and that time I was beyond embarrassed!!! Way to make a first impression Meagan!!! As soon as I walked out of the office I was fine and could walk normal again...I have no idea what the hell happened to me or my foot but I hope it doesn't happen again....not going to lie it was a little scary when I couldn't walk!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

The chinese place by Applebees in Waterloo has fried zucchini on their buffet. I that might sound weird, but it's really good. I get it every time I go there. And dude...you totally need to get that leg thing checked out! Sounds scary!

Sarah said...

We have Zucchini planted specifically for you missy. Sooo, when the time is ready you will be getting a personal call from The Office to come up & enjoy your delicious treat. Trevor has a couple different recipes he'd like to use...sooo it will be around all summer long :)

The foot thing.. WEIRD! haha

Adrien said...

I am so jealous that you got to fly a kite!! I've been wanting to get one for a while now. Aren't kids so funny? Haha, he probably would have never cared about that darn kite if it weren't for the missing ribbons! :)

I had that foot thing happen to me once, and it was BIZARRE. I was actually in grade school sitting on the floor in Music class. When I went to stand up it seriously felt like my foot fell through a hole in the floor. I couldn't put pressure on it at all. Pretty sure I fell straight on my behind!

Meagan said...

You have no idea how excited that makes me Sarah!! I told Ryan the other night that you guys are going to start making it & he didn't believe me!!

Is that the only time it ever happened to you Adrien? It was kinda scary!!