6.20.2011

That wasn't so bad....

I can't believe I'm going to say this but camping wasn't that bad considering that I was outside 24/7, slept in a tent, had no tv, raccoons were around our camp site & I got a million mosquito bites {well that part might be a little exaggerated}!!

In all seriousness, as much as I was dreading this camping trip it really turned out to be a great weekend and I'm completely, 100% positive that it is because the weather was so beautiful! It seriously need not feel like June at all....I could have done without the rain but it didn't last too long and we had a canopy to sit under so we didn't actually get wet. Plus, the weather was so nice that I didn't even get hot in the tent at night and I had to turn the fan off because I got cold {note to self: always bring an extra blanket just in case the weather is unusually cool}.

We got to the campsite around 6 on Friday night and got everything all set up right away so we could enjoy the rest of the night sitting around the fire.



Our tent {and Keegan's bike}....it's a lot bigger on the inside than it looks! And I'm just going to add now that I'm sooo happy that I ended up getting that double air mattress, that thing was so comfortable and Ryan even said that it was a lot better than just a regular air mattress {yep, I was right again}.


The kids roasting giant marshmallows. Keegan looked like that for pretty much the whole weekend...shorts & flip flops.


Keegan & Aunt Christine

It stormed late Friday night and rained Saturday morning so we didn't do much then, just kinda sat around doing nothing. Once the rain stopped it & the sun came out Saturday was absolutely beautiful out!! The guys went fishing for awhile and then after lunch we headed to the beach to go swimming & play in the sand.


Checking out the big 'ole lake






Favorite thing to do...run & jump into the water


Daddy & Keegan



building sand castles



notice the bottom lip sticking out in all of the sand pictures?! that would be his "focused/concentrating" look and his daddy does the same exact thing!


busted!! I will admit, I spent quite a bit of time on my phone...playing solitaire {my newest obession lately}


doing what boys do...peeing by the tree!!

Keegan absolutely loved camping and didn't want to leave! I have a feeling we will be doing a lot more of it from now on...not sure about the rest of this summer though, unless I'm guaranteed to have amazing weather again!!

The best part about this camping trip {besides seeing Keegan so happy} was that I felt the baby move for the first time!! I've been feeling it more and more since then but still not on a regular basis yet.

5 comments:

Christine Pettijohn said...

Looks like alot of fun. Vince and I love camping and just got back from doing just that this weekend but I was a slacker and slept in my mom and her boyfriends camper.

Adrien said...

Glad you had a great time! I LOVE camping, but Eric hates it, haha. So it's not in the cards for us any time soon. Keegan is too cute!

Heather said...

Looks like you had a great time! Glad your first family camping trip didn't traumatize you too much.

Anonymous said...

where did you go? we are going to Carlyle this weekend. Megan's first camping trip- but we got cabins :) So I guess it is technically not camping right? lol

Meagan said...

Angie, we went to rend lake. The campsite where we stayed was actually really nice. I would consider cabins as camping!!