8.02.2011

long time no posts....

I was aked by two different people today when I was going to start blogging again....I was even threatened to get kicked out of our blogger bunco night if I didn't do a post!! {thanks Sarah!!} I will do a quick update on things that have been going on around here lately bullet point style and then I promise to do some posts with pictures and more details!
  • little man is still "mr. no name".....who knows when that will change!!
  • little man's room is almost finished...the painting is done & the furniture is in and now I just need to accessorize, which is turning out harder than I thought it would be.
  • Keegan had a babysitter other than grandma & grandpa for the first time last week. My cousins Austin & Carter watched him for an afternoon and to say that Keegan loved it is an understatement!! The first thing he said to me when I got home was "why are you here?"....he was seriously mad at me for coming back home!! He hasn't stopped talking about "the boys" and what they are going to do the next time the come watch him!!
  • I figured that I need to get my "tent" making skills up to par since I will soon have two little boys instead of just one so last week Keegan & I built one in the living room.....he has slept in it every night except one since it's been up!!
  • I went dress shopping with Betty {my grandpa's fiancee} last week....I think it was a success! I can't wait to find out which one she actually picks!
  • I read "The Help" over the weekend {literally over the weekend, bought it Friday & finished is Sunday night}.....so, so, so good!! I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for something to read! I found it a little difficult to read at first just because it is written exactly like they would talk but then I found myself reading it in a southern accent!! I can't wait to see the movie now!
  • I made breaded {aka fried} pork chops last night for the first time ever and I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself!! I will definitely be sharing the recipe sometime soon!
  • nap time around here has turned into "watching cartoons or a movie while laying on the couch with no toys"....and 9 times out of 10 someone falls asleep...approaching it this way has made "nap time" so much easier and no fits!!
  • I've been wanting chili like no other lately but I can't get myself to make it when it's 100 degrees outside!!

7 comments:

Heather said...

I'm reading The Help now. LOVE IT. I'm trying to fit in more time to read it cause I have about 298325 people that want to borrow it, but with all my show starting up again its hard!

Cassie said...

thank you for saying that about chili!! i have wanted it sooooooo bad too but my husband insists he makes it the best so he has to be the one to make it. ok then, MAKE it. here are all the ingredients!! pretty please!! i will bring you some leftovers ASAP!!

Meagan said...

Tell him you want it before Henry comes!! I'm waiting for it to be around 80 or so outside then I think I'm going to make it...if you haven't had it by then I will bring you some leftovers!

Christine Pettijohn said...

Now I am going to have to make Chili. That sounds so good. We also do nap time similar to that in our house. I make Wyatt lay in his bed and start to watch a movie and since we started that nap time is alot better and no tantrums.

Meagan said...

I just found a container of chili in the freezer.....it is now sitting in the sink thawing out for supper!! Maybe I will just make it really cold in the house so it doesn't feel like we are eating it in insanely hot weather!

Sarah said...

WOOHOO for a post!!!!!!

FYI I/my Mom seriously make the best chili in the entire world!!!! Since your back in the bunco club maybe I'll just have to make you some ;)

Kim Luke said...

Yay, Glad I'm not the only one slacking on blogging. :)

I was craving chili like no other the other day too..and with Dane working I wasn't going to make a entire pot for myself, because lets face it- i would have eaten the entire pot. So I went to steak n shake. yum!
I can't wait for football Sundays!!!!!