9.18.2011

getting a head start

Last Friday {as in over a week ago...yes I'm aware I'm a little behing} we needed to get out of the house for awhile. We didn't know what we were going to do but we were going to find something, anything, just to get out of the house...so we headed to Fairview.

The first stop was Toys R Us. We figured we would let Keegan walk around the store and we would be able to get some ideas of what he wants for his birthday & Christmas. Well, we ended up spending roughly 2.5 to 3 hours there! Keegan played with pretty much every single thing in the store and I got almost all of my Christmas shopping done!! Not sure how I managed to do it with Keegan being with us but I did...guess he was too occupied with all the toys on the shelves to worry about what was in the cart!! I also didn't pay full price for a single thing that I got, which was definitely an extra bonus! The biggest deal I got was $20 off of a new bike.....even though the sale price was expired. They left the tag up so they had to give me the sale price!

At the end of the day on Friday, after a trip to Toys R Us, Target and a visit to Amazon.com {which I got some awesome deals on there too, plus free shipping & no tax} I am officially done with 3 people for Christmas! I have one more thing to get for Carson & one or two more things for Keegan and then I will be done with both of them too! At this time most years, I haven't even started to think about Christmas shopping but I have a feeling that I won't be doing any Black Friday shopping this year and I probably won't feel like doing any shopping after I have Carson {which will only be 4 weeks before Christmas}.

And because I had nothing better to do the other day I did this....


I still have a decent amount of stuff to wrap but I don't want to get too ahead of the game!! :)
The best deal that I have gotten so far on a Christmas present is this....

Store price: $74.99
Price I paid on Amazon: $46.50 plus free shipping & no tax!!

6 comments:

Stacy B said...

Wow!! I'm impressed! Way to be ahead of the game!

Sarah said...

You go girl!!!

I had Luke exactly 2 weeks before Christmas. I was shopping & went into labor. Eeeek!! Good thing you are ahead of the game :)

Kim Luke said...

Holy Crap! You are on top of it! waaaay jealous!! I have a couple things bought, but nothing big and no where near being done or having things wrapped!

good for you!!!!

Adrien said...

You're at exactly where I wish I was with gifts, haha. I know what I want, I'm just stalking things until they're the PRICE that I want. :D

I'm sooo glad you'll be back to blogging more. :) I hope!

Meagan said...

I have to admit ladies, I'm pretty impressed with myself too! Usually I'm nowhere close to even beginning my Christmas shopping by this time! The hard part is going to be not buying anything else once I get done with the boys' stuff! =/

Nicole said...

Super Jealous! I always think about getting a head start right about now but with ALL of our parents birthday back to back in September & October I loose that thought fast along with having to come up with more gift ideas!! I am sure Santa is going to be good to those boys this year ;-)