9.01.2011

sailboats, whales & monkeys

While working on getting Carson's room put together I knew that I wanted everything as organized as possible. The first step to accomplishing this was to completely redo the closet. Carson is the lucky one and has the biggest closet out of all three of the bedrooms so I knew that I needed to take advantage of it and make it the best that we could to maximize the amount of storage we would have in it.

 I don't have any before pictures of the closet because Ryan decided to just take it all down one day without telling me so it was too late but it was really just an ordinary closet with one rod going all the way across and two shelves on the top of the closet. I knew that I wanted to add more shelves that didn't require me using a stool to reach and when I visioned the shelves, I knew that I wanted lots of bins to keep things in, in hope of keeping things organized. After getting everything in the closet and realizing that there are 9 bins full of stuff I knew that I needed to take my organizing/OCD-ness to the next level!!

 They needed to be labeled of course....but not just regular plain 'ole boring labels, cute ones that would match the rest of the room! That's where Stephanie at Parker's Prints come in the picture. She is the one who made Keegan's banners for his birthday party last year {which are now hanging in his bedroom} & I knew that I wanted her to make something for Carson's room also, so I contacted her as soon as I knew what I wanted and she definitely delivered!! His bins are now labeled with the cutest little things ever!!

Monkeys & whales!!


Everything is labeled with what is in the bin for easy access! {and a forgetful husband who doesn't remember where anything is!!}When Ryan saw the labels he said I have too much time on my hands but I insisted that I did it for his own good!! One bin has all of the extra bed sheets/mattress pads, one is full of receiving blankets, one is full of clothes that are too big & are for next summer {because I can't resist buying stuff} and the fourth one is full of extra wipes. The big one on the bottom has bigger/thicker blankets in it.

And the closet is finally completey organized.....left side:


Think he needs anymore clothes?!?! And the bin with the whale on it is full of shoes....but only up to size 3, there wasn't anymore room for any bigger sizes!! The smaller bin is full of hats and the big one on the bottom is full of toys.

Right side:


Just disregard the crap sitting all over the shelf in the middle....it doesn't belong there but I have nowhere else to put it for now.

And of course the bins that are in his dresser needed labels too....


That big one...is completely full of just bibs!! Seriously, how many bibs does one baby need?! The other two have socks & burp cloths.

And since Keegan has a banner with his name on it going across his window, Carson needed one too!


So cute!! Not sure if I'm actually going to keep it there are hang it somewhere else yet but for now it's on the window because that's where Keegan said it had to go!

We are slowly getting things up on the walls and I'm sure I will do another post once his room is completely finished!! Let's just say that I have already gone through a whole can of spray paint.....


8 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to have you back. And seriously jealous of that closet. I might have to get you to organize mine when I move. My closets are TINY.

Meagan said...

Ha, thanks..I think this is the first time I've actually gotten on the computer all week, hence the no new posts!!

The rest of our closets are tiny too and now I want to redo all of them!! I would love to help you organize yours...I'm starting to thinking that I have a slight obsession with organizing stuff!

Kim Luke said...

absolutely love it!! Every detail of the room is adorable! and so organized. Very jealous of that!!!! lol

Adrien said...

Adorable! Makes me want a little boy that much more! I've been putting off switching the girls closet around and reorganizing, but you've motivated me. :)

sblind2 said...

SO CUTE....geez I should have labeled things! Matt STILL doesn't know where things go

Jen said...

super cute!!!! can you organize my stuff to?!?!

Stacy B said...

His room is adorable!! I'm jealous of you creativity!

Stephanie said...

SO cute! when you mentioned you were going to use the die cuts as labels, I thought, wow, so organized! I love the banner (& Keegan's) on the window :)