9.26.2011

say cheese!!

Christmas came a little early for me this year!! Yes, I got my Christmas {and probably birthday} present in September! I wasn't exactly planning on getting it when I did but with some awesome deals I couldn't pass it up, plus I was going to get it before Carson is born so I would have gotten it early anyways!
 
After lots of researching and looking at different types and brands I ended up buying this baby....
 
 

It's a Canon Rebel T3. I've only had it since Friday but so far I love it!! I'm not crazy on having to carry around a big 'ole camera bag instead of being able to just put it in my purse like my old camera but I think I will be taking a ton more pictures now! My old camera got soooo slow over time and was a pain in the butt when trying to really "capture" things that Keegan would be doing but now I don't have to worry about that because this thing is super fast!

I ended up buying it on Friday because it was on sale and the Internet price dropped another $40 off of the sale price and they had to give me that price in store. After getting it home Friday night and playing around with it I decided that I really wanted the extra lens to with it. I saw a sign in the store when I was there that said you could save $150 off of the lens when you purchase the camera. After talking about it a little bit we decided that it was worth it so we headed back to the store on Saturday. I told them that I just bought the camera the day before and changed my mind about getting the extra lens and was wondering if I could still get it for the discount. Since I had my receipt they said it was no problem whatsoever!!! Score!!

So now I have this little thing to go with it....


I ended up getting the 55-250 Telephoto Zoom with the image stabilizer. Of course I had to get a new bag too because the one I bought before wasn't big enough for the camera and extra lens! After all was said and done I ended up saving $200 on everything, which counts as a good deal to me. I'm slowly starting to figure it all out and I'm pretty sure Keegan is going to get real sick of me taking pictures all the time while I try to figure out all of the different settings!

After getting that and a new phone {which is a completely different story} this past week I don't think I will be getting anything else for a looonnnggg time!! Which is perfectly fine with me.....until I find something else that I have to have! :)

5 comments:

Adrien said...

LOVE! You won't regret that purchase! :D

Heather said...

That pretty camera and we didn't get any pictures of your weekend? What the crap?

Meagan said...

Don't worry Heather, the pictures are coming!!

Sarah said...

I saw your pictures on Facebook. They look AMAZING!!! I got a new camera last Christmas, but it is already going to shits. Maaaaaybe I can sweet talk my hubby into one like this!!!

Meagan said...

I don't know about the amazing part but thanks!

I talked to my mom & Ryan's mom about it so they are both going to use it as my Christmas gift from them so we dont have to pay for all of it....just an idea in case the hubby doesn't fall for the sweet talking! And in the long run you will be saving money because you won't need a new camera every year or two...make sure you bring that point up in the conversation!