4.23.2012

Step 1: Pin

Will someone please tell me that I am not the only person alive that pins all kinds of stuff on Pinterest and then doesn't do anything with it after I pin it?!

Actually, I do try quite a few of the things I pin but mostly just recipes and to be perfectly honest with you, not all of them have been the greatest. Which makes me wonder why I even think they sound good in the first place. 

One of the most recent recipes that I tried was this...

Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
I was really excited about trying this one. Hello, it has a cheese sauce to go with it! Who doesn't love a good cheese sauce?! Despite my excitement, it was a major fail. I don't know why but it just didn't taste good and  it was kinda lacking flavor all together....yes, even with the cheese on top of it! I had it for leftovers the next day and it was just as bad then, actually probably worst because the cheese sauce did not melt very good & was kinda gross. But by all means, if you think you will like it feel free to try it out!

Remember these shoes? Well they are super cute and super comfy but they were pretty snug in the toe area. What new shoes aren't right? Well I'm going to be wearing those bad boys to a wedding, which means I will be wearing them all.day.long. and I knew that I had to stretch them out somehow if my feet were going to survive. So I searched it on Pinterest and came across this....

Via
You have no idea how freakin excited I was when I saw this, seriously, so excited!  I tried the ice method and it worked! I will probably do this to every new pair of shoes that I get that need a little stretching out. I know you have a pair that need to be stretched out to, go do this to them pronto, I promise you will thank me afterwards!

So far, this is by far my all time favorite thing that I have tried from Pinterest. 


Strawberry cupcakes made with Diet 7UP!! Seriously, these things were ah.maz.ing and since the soda is diet, not a lot of calories either! It is oh so easy to do, all you need is a box of cake mix and 12 ounces of diet 7UP, mix together and bake the cupcakes! I have only tried it with the strawberry flavored cake mix but I'm dying to try it with the funfetti kind...because even though I'm 27, that is still my favorite kind of cake.

Now go make yourself some cupcakes made with 7UP while you are waiting for your shoes to get stretched out!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I am going to have to try that shoe thing. I found a pair that I loved, so I got them in every color...and they are like, the Devil's shoe. SO painful in the toe area, even after 10 minutes of wearing them. Thanks girl!!

Ashley Mitchell said...

Im gonna have to try that cake out! I have heard from more than one person it's delish!

Meagan said...

Heather, you should totally do it! I have a pair of peep toes that I'm going to try it with also!

You will not regret making them Ashley! Plus they are fun to do with the kids, Keegan thought it was so cool that we were putting soda in cupcakes!

Sarah said...

I use the blow dryer & it works wonders. And the diet soda in the cake is an old weight watcher trick ;) but lordy looking at those made me want a strawberry poke cake yummmm!!!!!!!!