5.15.2012

Holes in the Wall

After living in our house for 2.5 years I have finally gotten around to doing some decorating. I've had some things up on the walls for quite awhile now but some rooms have definitely been lacking in the cuteness factor. One room in particular is what I call the "front room" or as Keegan likes to call it "his living room". 

This is the room that you first walk into from the front door but we don't actually use it as our living room where we spend the majority of our time and where we watch TV at. When we first moved in, we put our old couch, a storage trunk and a TV in there because we had nowhere else to put them and that is pretty much how it has stayed. Over time I did add a little side table and a hall tree that my aunt gave me but that was pretty much the extent of any decorations, besides one picture frame on the wall. I've always wanted to do something in there but could never figure out what to do, until last week.

Thanks to pinterest I have been wanting to do some kind of picture wall in the house but never knew how I wanted it or where I wanted to put it. Out of nowhere last week I decided that I was going to put one up in the front room. I went straight downstairs and started going through a big box of picture frames that I have never unpacked since we moved in and started making a big pile of anything I thought I might want to put up.

Once I got everything ready I started playing around with the layout of it on the floor. That was probably what took me the longest. I can't even tell you how many times I changed pictures around until I was finally happy with the way they were arranged. 


Then I took a newspaper and made a template of all of the frames and taped them up on the wall. 


Yes, that would be blue painter's tape that I used to keep the paper up with. It was the first thing I saw when I was grabbing the rest of the stuff I needed. I decided not to use paper for the words because I figured it would of been a pain in the ass to do so I just nailed those up right away.

Once I got all of the paper up in the spots where I wanted them I went to work with the nails. To make sure that I put the nails in the right spots {and to try to prevent too many extra nail holes in the wall} I measured the spot of the hanging thing {what is the real name of those things?} then marked it on the paper. Once I hammered the nail in I ripped the paper down and hung the frame up.


I'm sooo happy with the way that it turned out! There is still plenty of room to add to it if I want to in the future...which I probably will. I'm thinking I need something on the far right, under the mirror, it's looking a little empty in that spot. Not to toot my own horn or anything but I gotta say I'm pretty proud of myself for doing and getting everything up straight! And for the amount of things I put up I only had like 4 or 5 extra holes in the wall!

Now, I just need to add pictures to the empty frames.....no idea when I will get that accomplished though. I mean I just put pictures in a big collage frame that's been hanging in the basement for two years!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I love it!!! It looks so great! Good job.

Ashley Mitchell said...

Looks good!

sblind2 said...

That looks AWESOME!!!

Adrien said...

Love it!

Meagan said...

Thanks ladies!!

Christine Pettijohn said...

You did great! I think it looks good!