3.13.2014

I'm Getting Hangry

The dietbet that I talked about last week started on Monday. Which means that I'm only 4 days in. And on this 4th day I think I might start getting a little hangry. 

{hangry: anger fueled by hunger; a cranky state resulting from a lack of food, especially sweet things}

Surprisingly, this is the first day that I've felt like this. We {Ryan & I, because he decided to do it also} have been eating healthy all week & I haven't even snuck in any "bad" stuff. Which has been fine, I've been sticking to my calories every day & haven't felt like I need more food & haven't hungry at the end of the day. Today however, today I am starving. I ate the same thing breakfast that I've eaten every other day this week and about half an hour later my stomach was craving food. Like I want to stick my face in a jar of peanut butter. mmm....peanut butter. I think I might have a slight obsession with peanut butter. It is just so damn good, like licking the measuring spoon & knife completely clean good. But instead of stuffing my face, I'm going to be a good girl & sit here drinking my water & forcing myself to wait until a reasonable time to scarf down eat my lunch. {which will probably be right after I'm done writing this post.}

On top of being starving today, I am also sore as hell. Started to 30 day shred again with Jillian the other night, somehow I forgot just how much I hate it until the first set of jumping jacks I had to do. The first night I quit at the 3rd set & last night I did all of it. Today, it hurts to move. I cringe even thinking about having to pee or walk or move my legs in general. My arms and shoulders aren't much better. And some how I have to figure out how to get through that agonizing 20 minutes again tonight. Ugh, I hate working out.

A couple of things that I have learned so far this week.

-Ground turkey is actually really good. I'm not a turkey fan. Don't really like it at all, at Thanksgiving that is usually the smallest amount of food on my plate. But I have been using it instead of ground beef this week & I'm kinda digging it. Even if it is kinda high in calories...at least I think it is.

-Drinking 4 bottles of water within a 6 hour time period will make you pee every 30 minutes.

-Quinoa is absolutely disgusting. I had really high hopes for this since every raves about it & it is everywhere, especially when it comes to healthy recipes. Maybe I didn't do it right, I don't know but I made it the other night to have as a side dish with our kabobs, I took one bite & threw the rest of it away. Anyone tried it & liked it? What do I need to do with it to make it taste good? I have a shit ton of it because a bunch of recipes I wanted to try called for it but I don't want to make them if it is going to taste like shit.
A couple of things about quinoa. 1. it says to rinse it before cooking. Ok, no problem right? Wrong, I put the quinoa in a measuring cup, started to put water in it to mix it up & rinse it but it gets all mushy like. WTH? How am I suppose to rinse it if I can't get any of the water back out because it is all sticking together? 2. if it boils over while cooking it makes a huge ass mess, huge! 3. it has a ton of calories...like it's not even worth how many calories it is for the amount you get per serving!

-As much as I want to like vegetables, I just really don't. I was so excited about the kabobs we grilled the other night, took a bite of some of the veggies & was completely disappointed. I still ate them & I ate them again the next day for lunch, which they tasted a little better that time, but I can't just sit & eat veggies & enjoy it.

Tomorrow is fish fry Friday & I have a feeling that Ryan is going to want to go get some. Which means fried everything....I'm kind of looking forward to it & dreading it at the same time. It is going to taste soooo good but then I'm going to have to find the willpower to go back to eating non-fried foods again. 

3 comments:

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Gah so this dietbet - yeah I have eaten crap all week!!! I need to get my ass in gear for realz!!!

I've never tried quinoa and thanks to you I will never try it!! It just sounds disgusting!!

Mmmm...fried food. LMAO DAMNIT I need to get my ass in gear you would think getting a portion of $1800 would help me!

Jackie said...

If it is my guess..with you excersizing along with watching what you eat...you are probably not eating enough. I do 1800-2000 calories a day, with clean food. Sounds crazy but it works!

If your body is telling you are hungry you need to eat! Its so hard to think that way..took me a long time to get use to it! Try a cheese stick and nuts! (its my morning and after snack everyday!)

I don't do grain products but I have made quinoa for Eli and Loreli and they both hated it too...I thought it would taste just like rice....Eli said just do rice...lol!

If you ever eat out at Sporto's on Friday you can get grilled shrimp or grilled blue gill...just ask for no butter!!!

Sarah said...

oh girl. the struggle is real. LOL. i am so with you!! i find it almost impossible to eat over 1200 calories a day UNLESS i eat 'crap'. i mean seriously... that's a lot of celery.

that is awesome ryan is doing it with you!! you got this :)