11.22.2010

It's Monday....again

Ok...so usually I hate Mondays but I'm willing to make today an exception and not hate it as much as usual. Why you ask? Because it's only a 3 day work week of course....why wouldn't I be excited about that?! Plus Thursday is Thanksgiving, which in my books is a valid excuse for stuffing my face with tons of yummy food! :)

We didn't do too much over the weekend, it was kinda low key around our house and I wouldn't of changed it at all. I needed a weekend that like really bad!! Saturday Ryan had to work so Keegan and I did a little shopping in the morning to get some more Christmas decor....you see we convinced Ryan to put the lights so we decided we needed to go get some more! I also got some more Christmas shopping done and was even able to cross someone off my list!! We stayed home that night and I was able to get some much needed laundry done and we rented a movie for the first time in a long time. If you haven't seen it yet, 'Grown Ups' is a pretty good movie!

On Sunday we put up the Christmas lights outside. However, you won't see them on anytime soon. Ryan {being the smart guy that he is} decided to hook every single strand together and ended up blowing a fuse in there somewhere! He actually found it, fixed it, then it happened again when we turned the lights back on when it got dark....he didn't bother trying to fix it that time. Let's just say there will be some strands coming undone and some more extension cords will be hooked up!

We also did some more shopping on Sunday....furniture shopping!!! Ryan said he wanted to go look for couches for the basement so I jumped to it and we went {who knows when he would want to do it again so I took full advantage of it}! I had everything all figured out for the basement....red couches {which would of looked amazing with the grey walls} with black, white & red accessories {and a little zebra print thrown in there}.....cute right?! Well we get to the first store and Ryan decides he doesn't want a red couch, it's just "not his color".

YOU HAVE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!

The red couches are a MAJOR roll in my whole inspiration for the basement....WTH am I going to do now?

He decided that he likes green....he wants a green couch. UGH....green doesn't go with my black, white & red {and zebra print} theme!! We left the first store since we couldn't agree on anything there and went to a couple of different places. We ended up at Ashley and they had the perfect couch and chair set, exactly what we had been looking for....and it came in red or green. Not only that, but they had both colors in stock...didn't help the situation.

We couldn't agree on a color so we did what any other typical couple would do....we flipped a coin! No, we literally flipped a coin in the middle of the furniture store to determine what color we would buy. The sales lady that was helping us laughed, she thought it was hilarious and had never seen anyone do that before. We designated Keegan as the official coin flipper, he determined heads was red and tails was green.

First flip....tails.

Second flip....heads {I still have a chance}.

Third flip....not sure Keegan thought it was a fun game so he picked it up before anyone could look at it.

Fourth flip....tails {crap...I really think the third flip was heads and I would have won!!}, green it is.

We now have green furniture in the basement....and let's just say I'm not happy about it but he won fair and square {unless that third flip was really heads then I won but we never knew it}.

Now I have to rethink my whole plan and have no idea what I'm going to do! And for your benefit, don't side with Ryan and if you do don't tell me!!

And there it is...


the red couch that will never be in my basement!

5 comments:

Adrien said...

I can SO relate. When I was still at home with my parents they did a huge remodel of the whole house, and it was agreed upon by all very specific things that none of us wanted. What do you know...something caught my dad's eye and that was IT. And what he chose had every single stinkin characteristic that we agreed we didn't want. It was so frustrating!!

Cassie said...

I am guessing that red couch you LURVE is microfiber? We have this couch. Dude you can HAVE it. ugh, I hate it. I mean it's fine and does it's purpose of being a couch, but every.single.stain is shown. every dog hair is visible. ugh, i think i clean this couch every other day. be glad you did not go with this baby.

Meagan said...

It is microfiber...and I updated the picture of the green one...I had the wrong couch the first time, whoops! And Cassie I would love to have your red couch but I'm stuck with green now!

sblind2 said...

Meagan you are soooo nice! I would have put my foot down and be like sit upstairs if you don't want to sit on a red couch!! Good for you....you win the #1 wife medal!! =)

Meagan said...

hahaha Sarah!! I could have totally gotten my way but I decided to be nice because he really didn't like the red....however I made him feel really guilty about it after we got home and made him aware of how much I hated it and how much it ruined everything!! Do I still get to keep the #1 wife medal?! :)