11.30.2010

our lives for the past week....

Whew....it has been a busy one around our house lately and it doesn't look like it will be slowing down anytime soon! Gotta love the hustle and bustle of the Holiday season!!

Thanksgiving was great and we managed to make all of our stops in one day...and I think we even spent an equal amount of time at each place {not sure how we pulled that one off}!

Actually, I wasn't sure if Thanksgiving was going to happen for everyone....Ryan had some sort of 24 hour thing that started Tuesday night but he of course pulled through so he could stuff himself full of turkey! On Tuesday, Keegan & I decided to bake some cookies to stay out of daddy's way and on Wednesday we cleaned & sanitized the house!!


On to Black Friday {dun, dun, dun}.....

if you read my previous post that I dedicated all to this one day, then you know that I had my eyes set on a brand spankin' new TV for our newly finished basement. Target had the perfect one {well at least the price of $298 was perfect} and I was determined to get it! After we got home on Thursday night I gathered my ads and made my lists of everything that I needed to get from a few select stores. I laid down for a little bit, dosed off for about 15 minutes and then was up and at 'em!

I ended up getting to Target at 1...A.M. Yep, I was one of those crazies sitting outside in 20 something degree weather for 3 hours waiting for the store to open.....but for the price of the TV it was worth it. At least I thought it was worth it until I got into the store saw the TV that I wanted {five of them actually} and then saw every single one of them get grabbed right before my eyes!! Two people grabbed the same one and a fight broke out {people even got shoved to the ground} and I'm pretty sure my exact words {which were said out loud} were "screw this"! I went on my way and found some other stuff that was on my list and headed out the door. I was back in my car at 4:17....my feet were still numb when I left.

I was so furious that I just went home {I didn't even go to any of the other stores I wanted to go to} and slept for most of the day. When I woke up Ryan & I decided to go shopping, I was determined to get a freakin' TV that day and the experience that night was much better!

We ended up finding a TV at Target {not for $298 though} so we bought it!
We went to some other stores, got the matching love seat for the basement, did some more Christmas shopping and ended up at Best Buy. Turns out they had the same exact TV we just bought for $100 less....so we did what anyone else would do, we bought it!! We also ended up with surround sound and a blu ray player also. OH....and the most important thing we got that night....my new COACH purse!! Merry Christmas to us! :)

Saturday and Sunday were devoted to cleaning, laundry, and decorating. We put the tree up and I put out the rest of the decorations {pictures to come once I actually finish it all}. Keegan has been quite the little helper too {if that's what you want to consider it}....he likes to move around my decorations to where he thinks it should go at the moment!

We also cleaned out our deep freeze that we have in the garage and we found the top layer of our wedding cake....guess we forgot about that on our anniversary! We let it thaw out and cut into it....I have to say that after a year and seven months it was still really good!!



And of course we had to wear our Christmas jammies to help get into the spirit!!



No comments: