12.02.2010

Family Pictures

It's that time of year again....

You know what I'm talking about, trying to find/get the perfect family picture for those Christmas cards that you will be sending out! Some people like to use pictures from summer vacations at the beach but not me, maybe that is because we have never taken a summer vacation at the beach?! Well that and there is just something about a picture with everyone in tank tops sitting on the beach that doesn't scream Christmas to me....to each their own though.

We had family pictures taken earlier this year, back in May, but I wanted a more recent picture for our Christmas cards so I warned the two wonderful guys in my life that we would be taking a family picture on Thanksgiving to use for these. When I first told them about it, Keegan's response was "no, I don't want my picture".....well that's just great! Luckily that was a week before Thanksgiving and he forgot all about that when it came time to take the pictures!!

Remember a couple of months ago when I mentioned that Keegan was now in the stage where he didn't know how to smile like a normal person? Well I'm happy to say that he now remembers how to smile again.....there is just one problem though. He smiles really nice & says "cheeeeeesssseee" until right before the picture is taken......and then he makes a silly face!! Kids....gotta love 'em!

Let me show you what I'm working with here....



we could have had a good right the first time if it wasn't for Ryan not smiling!


great...now Keegan's not smiling! I swear these two are impossible!!


let's try taking one ourselves...would have worked if there wasn't a shadow covering my face!


let the faces begin....



See what I mean?!

I think the last one is my favorite....although I still haven't decided if I'm actually going to use it for the Christmas cards or not. I would totally use it even though Keegan is being silly but in the family pictures from May I am much tanner and my face doesn't look so freakin' chubby!!

No comments: