1.11.2011

Bullseye

If anyone really knows me than they are well aware that my all time favorite store is the one where you can get pretty much every single thing you could ever want {ok that might be a little exaggerated but seriously the place is a.maz.ing}. Even Keegan knows that it is "my" store...not kidding, every time he sees that red circle with a dot in the middle he says "look Mommy, it's your store", I can't decide if that means we possibly go there too much or if he is just a genius because he even says it when he sees it on things like his apple juice container or the box of fruit snacks! I'm leaning more towards him being a genius though! :)

There really is nothing to dislike about the place! The prices are good {comparable to that other place} and the quality of products is good too. Not to mention that the usual have some pretty great sales, you can print coupons from their website, you can get mobile coupons sent to your phone, and you can use their store coupon with a manufacturer's coupon and save even more on things! {people who love using coupons and getting great deals really appreciate that part!} And I can't forget to mention that 99% of their stuff is just flat out adorable!

Anywho...let's get to the real reason behind this post shall we? Target almost always has something on clearance, at all times. Well last week when I went to Target {I usually make a weekly trip on Friday's since I get off early and it is just down the street} I noticed when I was walking around that TONS of stuff was on clearance. I mean almost every aisle I walked down had something with a little red sticker with a cheap price on it! Needless to say this caused me to buy stuff off of my list but I got some pretty good deals.

I got a couple of storage bins for $6.48 each, originally $12.99, which is basically a buy one get one free deal. Plus they match the colors in his bedroom and are the perfect size to keep is trains and tracks in...which we desperately needed since the one bin we were using wasn't big enough to hold just the amount of tracks that he has.

The best deal that I got that day was on throw pillows. Every single time I'm at any kind of store that sells throw pillows I look to see if they have any that would go with the green couches. I've bought several different kinds already and nothing has looked quite right so I wasn't very positive that I would find something. Then something caught my attention...stripes! I love stripes plus it had a mixture of colors..reds, white, and greys! At first I wasn't too sure if they would go but then I saw that little red sticker and I quickly threw four of them in my cart!! The original price of each pillow was $12.99 but I only paid $3.29 for each one!! That's like buy one get three free!!

I still don't know if I completely like them with the green of the couches but they look better than the other pillows that I tried. Plus for $3.29 I can find somewhere to put them if I ever find something else for the basement!

And because I'm bad at making decisions and my hubby is no help at all I'm begging for some opinions of how it looks.....



So what do you think....keep 'em with the green couches in the basement or find them a new spot in the house? If you think it doesn't quite go then what color should I get?!?!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I like them a lot and I think they go well with your wall color. But I am a kind of person where I like to have something that breaks up the other colors and really stands out. AWESOME BUY!!!!!!

Cheri said...

hard to say from a picture...but the vertical stripes way doesn't look too bad... a suggested color would be to find a solid color charcoal grey or heather grey (in a different material than the couch) or a striped pillow with different greys...

ps...i got my rug that is under my kitchen table on clearance from target for $7.48!! I get into trouble with target clearance stuff though... LOL! :)

Meagan said...

I was thinking grey too Cheri but I can't find any...well I have found a couple but they are ugly!

I get into trouble too but it's better than paying full price for something!

Sarah said...

I'm estatic about this post! I just bought an area rug for our living room the other day (from Target--of course!) and my throw pillows do NOT match whatsoever. Those puppies are really expensive! I think I'm going to have to make another trip & see if I can find any on clearance too!!!!

And I don't think the pillows look bad at all!! They look AMAZING for $3.29 :D