1.07.2011

Confession Day

Not going to lie, I'm thrilled that today is Friday and I even had 1 1/2 days off of work {thanks to a certain little man getting sick}. The only thing that would make today better would be if it stopped snowing!! And yes, there is hardly anything coming down and I'm well aware that none of it will probably stick to the ground but I'm just not feeling it...I'm ready for some 65-70 degree & sunny days! Anyways...let's get to some confessions!

I confess that as I type this the only thing I can think about is the chocolate long john that is sitting in the kitchen and how much I want to eat it even though I already ate breakfast! {Just between you and me, I think I might go cut a little piece of it off and eat it, even though I will be leaving for lunch in about an hour!}

I confess that I opened up a new credit card this week!! I know, I know not the best idea in the world BUT I have some reasoning behind it. You see the credit card that I currently have has an outrageous interest rate and even though I only use it on occasions {except for the week and a half that I didn't have my debit card, I used it A LOT during that time} and I pay off the balance when I do use it, it's time for a newer & smaller interest rate! I decided to get one that has great rewards benefits and have something in mind as to how I'm going to take full advantage of it....if only Ryan was on the same page {which he will be soon enough}.

I confess that I don't shower daily, true story! I mean all I do is sit behind a desk every day, it's not like I'm doing tons of work and getting all sweaty & dirty, therefore I shower every other day....and I can guarantee that you would never be able to tell which days I shower & which days I don't!

I confess that I'm the "mean parent"...not completely by choice though! Ryan would like to be Keegan's friend and doesn't like to discipline him a lot of times, leaving me to do the dirty work and I HATE it!! It's completely unfair but I'm not going to let my child run around like a crazy person who doesn't listen to anyone and gets away with everything....that's just not going to happen!

I confess that I used one of those snot suckers {you know what I'm talking about, those things you use to get all of the snot out of a baby's nose} on Keegan yesterday for the first time in a really long time....and he HATED it! Pretty sure he hated me for a while after I did it but it needed to be done...and let me just say he is a lot stronger than he looks and it was not an easy task by any means {see...the mean parent}.

I confess that even though I was home all day yesterday my house is still a disaster and no where near being ready for having people over tomorrow night! Looks like Ryan is going to have to deal with a crazy, freaked out wife tonight/tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I confess that on Wednesday I had Taco Bell for lunch & then again for dinner.

I confess that we didn't put the trash out during the 2 weeks of Christmas & New Years (see 1 of my older confessions). This Monday we had what looked like 100 bags while all the neighbors had only 1 or 2.

And last, I confess that I only wash my hair twice a week (your shower confession reminded me of this). In my defense, my hair is long so it takes more effort to wash/dry it + people always say it's better not to wash it so much.

Happy Friday!

Heather said...

I confess that I almost confessed I don't shower every day and then decided against it because I imagined all you blog readers sitting at your desk doing that "I just smelled something horrific" face, and then avoiding standing by me everytime you see me in public.

Adrien said...

Haha, I confess that I'm also the mean parent, and I confess that my house also looks like junk right now. I've been spending every spare minute I get doing stinkin' projects for the girls' room.

Nicole said...

I know its monday and a little late but I have to confess that yesterday I showered but didn't wash my hair while I showered and besides eating that was the most productive thing I did! I didn't even care that I looked like hell and acted like a slop when a couple of our guy friends came over to watch football. AAHHH I feel so much better now!