3.08.2011

Catch Up

I feel like I need to play catch up on some stuff!! I just remembered about a bunch of pictures that I never downloading onto the computer and along with those pictures I was going to do some posts....whoops! I swear time is just going by without me even realizing it. After being home for less than a week I'm already forgetting what day of the week it is....while laying in bed this morning I kept thinking it was Wednesday, one more day Meagan!

The first thing I forgot to share with you was what was added to the toy room recently {and when I say recently I mean it's been a couple of weeks but my brain never remembered to transfer the pictures and those are kinda important!}. I hinted here what it was going to be.


It's a chalkboard!! Ever since we decided to do a toy room I knew that I wanted to do something with chalkboard paint....I originally wanted to do something a little more original but oh well! It was super easy to do and now I want to make all kinds of things into chalkboard surfaces!


I'm really happy with the way it turned out! Instead of painting it right on the wall, we used a piece of plywood as the backing of the chalkboard {we didn't think it would work too good on textured walls and honestly didn't want to risk it}. The frame is leftover trim that we had from trimming around the doors in the basement. We were also originally planning on hanging it up on the wall but Ryan decided to just nail 'er up there....and I've got to admit it was a good decision on his part!

Then I got these little buckets {courtesy of the dollar bins at Target} to use for the necessities of a chalk board...

{these were the only boyish ones they had at the time so this is what we got....I was going to spray paint them one solid color but I got out voted}

one for the chalk...


and one for the eraser.


Keegan was really excited once it was up and ready to be drawn on....then he made me take a million pictures of him in front of it! He would take one, look at it and then say "let's try that again"....I think this is the best one we got!


And the very first thing he drew on it....


That would be people! I'm not really sure what those things are coming out of their heads but I have to say that I was really impressed with it! Actually, I was pretty surprised because I have never seen him draw "people" before!

I finally got the vinyl thingamajig up on the wall too {after it sat on the counter for about 2 weeks}. I was really dreading it because I thought it would take forever since it is a good size but it went rather quick! It is on the wall that the "built-ins" will go on. Once the shelves are up this will be in the middle where there will be an opening/desk area.


Last weekend, as in not this past weekend but the weekend before, we headed up north to visit Ryan's younger sister and her boyfriend. I didn't get too many pictures but have a few to share....

We made a trip to Chuck E Cheese...


Then headed back to Aunt Christine's...she bought ice cream just because Keegan was coming....

Then it was game time....

 

Keegan won so Christine & Kevin kept playing to see who would get second place!


Something else that I haven't posted about yet is blogger girls night out!! Unfortunately it's going to have to wait for another day....you see our internet connection isn't the greatest {it might be because we don't really have the internet} so this post has taken for.ev.er to get done and I'm pretty much running out of patience!!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Love the chalk board!!! I used to love mine as a kid. Of course it wasn't a cool wall one...it was one of those easel type thingys.

Cassie said...

I'm calling you to make one for Stella's room once we get around to it. That turned out great!!

Meagan said...

Thanks!! He has one of those too but it kinda sucks and the chalk doesn't show up very good on it....maybe I should paint over it with the chalk board paint?!?!

Adrien said...

I forget what day of the week it is all the time - don't feel bad, haha. I love the chalkboard, too!!

And I'm probably the only parent who hasn't taken their kid to Chuck E. Cheese! I haven't been in years, and I still remember when it was called Showbiz Pizza. :)

Stephanie said...

The chalkboard looks great! It almost makes me want to make one.

Meagan said...

Thanks!!

Feel free to Cassie...I have tons of paint leftover!!

Adrien, don't feel too bad about not going to Chuck E Cheese, Keegan has probably gone a dozen times & I've only gone like twice....usually it the grandparents or Aunt Christine taking him!

Stephanie, do it!! It super easy & fairly cheap!!

sblind2 said...

I love the buckets on the wall...super cute idea!!