3.09.2011

it's my party & I'll cry if I want to

Ok, so there's no crying today at this exact moment but it's still my party & if I want to cry I can because it's my birthday!!

Yep, today I'm the big 2-6. 

To be completely honest, this is the first birthday that has really had an impact on me, well except for 16 & 21 of course but those don't really count because those are a big deal to pretty much everyone. 

Know why this birthday is any different?! Let me tell you, as of today I am officially in the upper twenties! I'm no longer in my early twenties or mid twenties {unless of course the majority rules that 26 is still considered to be the mid twenties, then we can disregard this entire post, but until that is decided I'm gong to continue on}, I have joined the upper twenties club. 
I haven't quite figured out why this is bothering me so much and trust me when I say that I've really tried to figure it out. I mean I've done the two most important things that I've wanted to accomplish out of life, so I can't really say that I'm not where I want to be. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm closer to turning 30 now. {yes, I'm aware I still have 4 years but do you know how fast time goes by?}

Has anyone else felt this way when turning 26 or is just me?!

And because it is my party & I can cry if I want to, I'm giving myself permission to have the day off. The day off from cleaning & cooking, stressing myself out, obsessively looking for a new job,feeling guilty, laundry and anything else I don't feel like doing today! I'm also giving myself permission to eat what I want {including meat} and drinking soda....even though it is Ash Wednesday & the first day of Lent & I'm giving up soda for Lent....it's my party & I'll cry if I want to! I'm sure God will forgive me for eating meat & drinking soday today, plus I'm also pretty certain that he would want me to fully enjoy myself on this day!! I'm also thinking it would be a great day to use my gift card that I got for Valentine's day to use for a massage...wonder if they have any openings?! Definitely going to have to call as soon as they open!! I'm also thinking that it would be a good day to take some totes back to Target {I might have grabbed the wrong size lids for them} so I can get my FREE drink from Starbucks!

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday!! Do your thing girl! Have a good one.

Heather said...

25 was my freak out birthday (besides the upcoming unmentionable)...because I was a quarter of a century old.

Happy Birthday and enjoy your day!!!

Adrien said...

I feel the SAME WAY about turning 26! I DON'T WANNA!!! But I have until August to worry about it, so I'm just going to put it out of my mind for as long as possible.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Yes, you deserve a day to do whatever you dang well please! Enjoy it!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday!! Go all out & just indulge in your day!
I turned 25 last year & that was a BIG deal for me. I wasn't excited about it at all.. I'll be 26 in June & I'm already in denial. I can't imagine how I'll be at 30 :(

Melissa Cheek said...

Happy birthday and I think we should make 26 the mid twenties still because I turn 26 this year and I don't want to feel as old either.

Christine Pettijohn said...

Happy Birthday and I will freak out the day I turn 30. 26 did not phase me to much.

Nicole said...

I don't know why but I have actually really enjoyed the past couple birthday's and am loving this age!!!!! Live it up girl and treat yourself A L L DAY LONG!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday! It's your birthday and it should be an "all about you" day, ENJOY!
BTW...love the toy room

Meagan said...

Thanks ladies!!! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the idea of turning 26...makes me feel a little more normal!! :)