4.28.2011

Pregnancy Update

Since I kinda left everyone hanging yesterday after the big announcement, I thought I would share what has been going on so far with this pregnancy.

Let's start from the very beginning {well not the very beginning ;)}....

I had some suspicions that I was preggo before I even found out but not from the usual "symptoms" that you read about....it was heartburn. Yep, heartburn! The only other time that I have ever had heartburn was when I was pregnant with Keegan. The other thing was that I was pretty crampy throughout the day for about a week or two, kinda like menstrual cramps, and that wasn't normal either. Ryan mentioned that maybe it was because I was pregnant but I didn't want to get my hopes up so I ignored it. The cramping and the heartburn weren't going anywhere so I decided to take a test....it was negative, then I did the whole "I'm mad at the entire world" post. I was suppose to start two days later so I thought that there was no chance that I was preggo and that we would have to wait another month, so when we had people over I helped myself to some amaretto slush!! Fast forward a couple of days and I never started so when I went grocery shopping I picked up some more tests {a different brand than the one that came out negative} just in case. I didn't plan on taking any for a couple more days, I was just going to wait it out and see what happened.....but that didn't happen, I ended up taking one that afternoon and much to my surprise it was positive!!!! I couldn't believe it when I saw the two pink lines staring back at me...I'm pretty sure there was some screaming and jumping going on {no really, there was!}!! I was pretty much walking around the house like a crazy person saying "oh my God, oh my God, oh my God" over and over and over again...thankfully I was home alone at the time! Then I did what I probably shouldn't have, I went straight to the mall to get Keegan a big brother shirt! I was just too excited not too!!

So...that's how I found out...four weeks ago!!! These have been the longest four weeks ever!!! I wanted to tell everyone right away, seriously, it took everything in me not to blog about it right away....plus I figured Ryan would of liked to be the first one to know anyways!

I haven't actually gone to the doctor yet for my ultrasound but I talked to the nurse on the phone {I didn't have to go in to see her since I'm already a patient and this is my 2nd pregnancy} and she said that my due date is December 3 but it could change after the ultrasound. My guess is that it will change by 3 days, if it happened when I think it happened. And if it did happen when I'm thinking it did then there is a funny similarity between that day and the day Keegan was conceived....Applebee's Chocolate Lava Cake. I'm pretty sure that is what it was...maybe that could be my new good luck charm?!?! Plus, this time around will be a planned c-section so my guess is that the baby will be here before my due date anyways!!

I was feeling pretty good at first....eating pretty much anything and everything, then the constant feeling of needing to puke my guts up came. Gotta admit, definitely didn't miss that about being pregnant!! Some days are ok, other days I don't even want to get out of bed. Last week was by far the worst week so far {which is the reasoning behind me being mia from blogland}. One day as soon as I walked through the door after taking Keegan to school I became acquainted with the toilet...fun stuff...then I slept until 12:30 and ate nothing but chicken noodle soup and saltines the rest of the day. Speaking of saltines....we have become quite good friends that past couple of weeks and I'm kinda scared to find out how many boxes I will go through once I start feeling better. Then there are days when I eat an insane amount of food...if you consider 3 pieces of pizza just for lunch insane!! Oh...and sleep, forget about it!! I'm exhausted all the time but yet can't sleep worth a crap at night!!

Then there was the time that I was getting my blood work done and I passed out while getting my blood taken. That was fun scary as hell!! I've never passed out before when getting blood taken so I was pretty shaken up about it. I remembered getting light headed and dizzy and then the next thing I remembered was coming to when the tech yelled for help. I was sweating like crazy & shaking really bad. After I started feeling better I immediately got some food in me {and a soda}, went home and slept for a couple of hours.

Don't think that I'm complaining about it all {ok, maybe I am a little bit} because I'm thrilled to even be pregnant and all of this comes with it...it will be well worth it all once I have a healthy baby in my arms!!

7 comments:

Adrien said...

It's gotta be the cake! :)

My goodness, all the drama happening to you and you couldn't even blog about it. Torture! I'm still sooo excited for you!! Morning sickness sucks and I pray that is passes for you asap. Blech.

But who cares about puke?? You're having a BABY!!! Woot!

Kim Luke said...

Yay! This is all so exciting!!! I prayed may nights for you a baby!!! :)
Definitely only eat the cake when you guys are trying! Haha
I went out and bought Landon a big brother shirt right away too!
Welcome to the pregnant all darn summer long club!! :)) so happy for you & your family!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Awww...I am so loving this post even with all the drama that's going on! Yay for morning sickness and cravings!!!

Cassie said...

Wooohhoooo - babies, babies, every where!!

Christine Pettijohn said...

I feel you on the morning sickness and I hope it passes soon. I hit my 13 th week and it disappeared just like that. Thanks for the update.

Sarah said...

This made me grin ear to ear :)

I'm still right there with you sister on the morning sickness!! It will be worth it though!!

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy for you!