6.01.2011

Just a couple things....

I promise that I will get the post about our Disneylad trip up asap....it is either going to be forever long or I'm going to have to break into a couple posts.

Doctor's appointment went good this morning, well except for the heart attack I almost had when he couldn't find the baby's heart beat....seriously, worse feeling in the world!! He finally found it and it was perfect...baby is super low which I think is why he had a hard time finding it. I only gained 2 pounds in the last 4 weeks...woohoo!!! Oh...and he gave me a prescription for some meds to control my never ending headaches!!

I decided to stop in Motherhood Maternity to get some new bras.....however that was a big fail! Apparently they don't carry my size and well frankly my jaw hit the floor when she told me what size I actually needed!! She suggested a couple different places to go so after looking around I headed down the street to a different place. I don't know if anyone has been to this place before or not but I will say that I won't go back....Lactations {I think that's the name of it}. When I told the lady that I needed to get fitted for a bra it was no biggie, then she asked me when I'm due, the conversation when a little like this:

stupid lactation lady: when's your due date
me: December 3
stupid lactation lady: December 3?! Are you having twins??
me: umm...no!!
stupid lactation lady: are you sure?! you have one healthy baby then.

I knew instantly that I wasn't going to buy anything from her! I went ahead and tried stuff on though just for the hell of it and it was soo freakin hot in there I was practically sweating...I feel sorry for whoever has to try those bras on next! =/ After that I headed to Target and just got some regular bras {that were a ton cheaper} and will hopefully fit for a couple more months!

Which brings me to a question for all you mommies out there....where did you get your maternity/nursing bras at?! The ones I tried on today were absolutely hideous and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing on of them!! They made my boobs look like cones and they didn't really give me any kind of real support.

Another random question for the moms and/or the preggos out there....did your deodorant stop working while pregnant?! I've used the same exact kind of deodorant forever now and it has always worked really good but recently I feel like I stink all the time, and yes I put it on every day & I shower regularly! :) Are there any kind of deodorants that anyone can recommend using? Right now I use Dove.

I'm getting a massage tomorrow night & I couldn't be more excited about it!!

I haven't been able to comment on anyone else's blog even though other people have!! UGH!! It's driving me crazy!!

5 comments:

Christine Pettijohn said...

I had that same problem when I was pregnant with Wyatt on the deoterant. I do not have the problem with Isaac luckily and have used Degree every since I was pregnant with Wyatt. As far as the bras, I got mine at Walmart at the time.

Heather said...

1. Use the Dove Go Sleeveless Pearl Finish. I swear I can smell this stuff from the time I put it on in the morning until I go to bed at night. It's crazy strong and smells AMAZING.

2. I can't comment on anyone's blogs using Internet Explorer. I have to use Firefox when I want to comment.

Melissa Cheek said...

I am having the same issue with the deodorant. I feel like I stink all the time!

Adrien said...

I've never had the deodorant problem myself, but I know several people who had to switch to men's deodorant when they were pregnant. :/ Not fun, but obviously you're not alone!

I was always to able to shop at Walmart/Target for my bras, because I'm only a 34C to start with, so it's pretty easy to find a bra that fits even when I'm filling out a bit more. I've nursed both babies, and never used an actual nursing bra. :)

Sarah said...

I've had the deoderant problem this pregnancy. That or it's just faaareakin hot out & my poor little deoderant can't keep up. I've been trying new ones every time I go to the store, not much luck. Dove was always my favorite.

Stupid people should just be slapped!! If I hear the twins comment one more time, I'm gonna go crazy white lady on a few people. Keep your chin up, you are beautifuuuul & I absolutely love your "itty bitty" baby bump :)