6.02.2011

Vacation

I know you are jumping out of your seat with excitement that I'm finally getting around to posting about our trip but don't get too excited because I'm definitely not going to be able to get it all in one post....well I probably could but you would have to take a couple of bathroom breaks and probably even stop reading to get something to eat because it would be seriously be forever long. {and just so you know, I'm totally postponing cleaning the bathrooms just so I can write this post!} Let's break it down by the day.....

Saturday

Of course the start of the trip wouldn't be the same if we weren't running around like crazy and making a stop at Target on the way to the airport. You see, I couldn't get my pictures downloading from my camera to the computer so I decided to just buy a new memory card a few days before we left....well it turns out I bought the wrong one, apparently my camera takes a memory stick and the only time I had to go back was on the way to the airport. Plus, Ryan insisted on taking his yellow polo shirt with us, which was one of the only things that ended up not getting washed when I washed all of our clothes before packing, so he decided to wash it himself and when I got it out of the dryer there were black spots all over it....so the last minute Target run was for a memory stick and a new yellow polo.

We finally made it to the airport and Keegan couldn't of been more excited. I was soo happy that he was excited about flying because his first airplane ride two years ago wasn't necessarily a good one!! We got to our gate, found some seats by the window and we spent the next hour and a half answering question after question as he was watching the airplanes.

He got even more excited when we actually got on the plane! We had to keep telling him to be quiet because he was so excited that his voice just kept getting louder and louder! I'm not going to lie, I was very grateful that we had a portable dvd player and headphones to keep him quiet occupied for two out of the three hours of the plane ride!






The plane ride was good and we safely landed in Phoenix. Once we got our bags and got out to the car my brother wanted to drive....he just turned 16 and doesn't actually have his license yet!! Let's just say I said a quick prayer before we got on the road!! We hung out at my mom's house for awhile then headed out for some yummy "real Mexican" food at one of my fav restaurants out there, Abuelo's.


After dinner we headed to Old Navy to do a little last minute shopping for my brother....um, since when did 16 year old boys become so difficult to buy clothes for?!?! He didn't like anything we picked out and refused to get plaid shorts!! We headed back home and relaxed the rest of the night since we would be getting up early for our 5 hour drive to Disneyland! Of course to trip would be complete without a little bit of drama....Keegan woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday and started throwing up like no other! Thankfully when he woke up in the morning he was feeling good again. 

Sunday

After our 5 hour drive through the desert & mountains and having pretty much nothing to look at we finally made it to our hotel!! When we were checking in, we were informed that they had our reservations but they only had one of our two rooms available for that first night. I don't get it, if you have had our reservations since March, how do you not have one of the rooms available?!?! Since they screwed up they told us that they would give us a two room suite for the same nightly price as one of the regular rooms for our whole stay plus free parking....deal!! We ended up only paying a little less than half of what we were expecting to pay plus our regular rooms had an adjoining door so we basically had the same setup! Once we got all of our stuff to our room we headed to Downtown Disney.

Downtown Disney is a "little" area outside of the park where they have lots of different stores and restaurants....this part is open to the public so basically anyone can go there.


We had to stop and take a picture of him on Mickey's head! He thought those benches were sooo funny!! We walked around for a little bit, stopped in the Lego store and then headed to the ESPN Zone to play some games and eat some yummy food!! I should have taken a picture of the nachos that I got...seriously, it was one of the biggest piles of nachos I've ever seen, 2 or 3 of us could have shared them!


Woody made out of Legos!!



After all the games & food we headed back to the hotel so we could watch the fireworks that go off at Disneyland every night. Our hotel was right across the street so we were able to see the show perfectly from the third floor "breakfast room" since it was nothing but windows in the front.

Monday was our first day at the park....that will have to wait for another post!

2 comments:

sblind2 said...

Sounds great so far!! =) The last minute things always get be twisted so tight I want to explode! Matt was very concerned about you guys driving through AZ....he's like that's where the Mexican Drug Lords are!!! lol....

Adrien said...

Oh yay!! Keegan looks so grown up in the picture of him smiling on the plane! I'm so glad you guys were able to have this trip before the new baby comes along. I know you will treasure it. :) I can't wait to read more. EEE!