11.07.2011

life lately

Hi, my name is Meagan {just in case you forgot}  & I'm a horrible blogger! I can't believe I went almost a month without posting anything....time seems to be slipping by like crazy! Not a whole lot has happened around here lately and the easiest way to catch you up will probably be by doing it bullet point style.

*We redid the floor in our kitchen!! Thank God for that because I couldn't stand that floor...it was gross & looked dirty even when it was clean and it was horrible to walk on. It literally hurt my feet because you could feel every little groove in between the tiles because they weren't grouted properly. Now it's perfect!

before...

after....

*I now only have 3 weeks left until Carson's big arrival & I have the diaper bag packed & a couple of things in my bag already!! That is if he doesn't decide to make his appearance early....which as much as there are some days when I'm sooo over being pregnant I really don't want him to come early...my mom is coming in from out of state for his birth and I will be super bummed if she misses it!

*We had Keegan's 4 year pictures done, along with a couple of family pictures and I'm kinda proud to say that I was able to squeeze myself into my non-maternity jeggings & a non-maternity sweater. When I asked Ryan if the jeggings looked ok he said "well their kinda tight" but I assured him that they are suppose to be like that {but between you and me, they were a little more snug than before}.

 *Keegan & Ryan carved one of the pumpkins....and Keegan was convinced that it was "the scariest pumpkin in town", his words not mine!


*I have 100% become addicted to pinterest. No joke, that site is like a drug or something, once you get started on it there is no turning back! It has gotten to the point where anytime I mention an idea or try a new recipe Ryan says "is that from pinterest?"!!

*Our basement was starting to smell, like really bad, and we couldn't quite figure out what it was from. After a day or two Ryan was able to narrow the smell down and figured out that is was coming from the dryer...weird right?! Well he did some investigating and found a dead mouse in the duct where all the hot air goes to the outside of the house!!!! Apparently it crawled in from the outside and obviously couldn't crawl back out. I have no words for how that made me feel, I still get grossed out just thinking about it and I didn't want to use the dryer for a couple of days after that happened!! He got it out and even removed part of the duct where the mouse was at, thank God!!

*A couple of days before Halloween we put up a Christmas tree in the basement!! Crazy? Um, yes but I figured why not, the next couple of weeks are kinda crazy looking and I won't be able to do it for a couple of weeks after Carson is born since I won't be able to go up & down the steps!! Keegan however loves it because it is "his & Carson's tree" and he even has a train going around the bottom of it {something that I won't let happen to our tree upstairs}. We got it really cheap last year after Christmas along with a bunch of ornaments and I let Keegan do all the decorating {something else that doesn't happen to the tree upstairs}.

I think that's about it, I'm sure there are some things that I wanted to add and completely forgot about but that's ok! And I'm going to try really hard to start blogging on a regular basis again!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to have you back! I know your blog was really starting to miss you!

Christine Pettijohn said...

I love the Christmas Tree idea for the kids. I am wanting to put ours up already. Floor looks good.

Adrien said...

Yay, I missed you!

I think your floors look great, and they will definitely hide the dirt. Not that I think you actually have dirty floors...but you know what I mean! Still jealous that you have a tree up already, and I want a train set SO BAD. Why can't Santa bring me toys, too? :)

Meagan said...

Thanks ladies!!

Totally get what you're saying Adrien, I don't take any offense to you saying that I have dirty floors...partially because I usually do! :)