4.26.2012

I Couldn't Breathe

So, as you all know yesterday was our anniversary and I mentioned something about wanting to strangle my wonderful husband's neck on our wedding day and since one person asked why I thought I would just let everyone in on what happened. Just in case you don't know the story.

The short version of the story is this: somewhere in between the ceremony & reception {on the bus & at the bar} there was a lot of alcohol consumed. All kinds of alcohol {lots of wild turkey to be exact}. The alcohol consumption continued at the reception. At around 8:30 my new husband was out in the parking lot, puking his guts up {multiple times from what I hear, I refused to go see him} and then he proceeded to pass out, in the back of a truck {not sure who's truck it was}. I didn't see him again until the next morning. Why didn't I see him until the next morning, well that is because I never went outside to see him after he passed out {mainly because nothing good would have come form it} and he went home with is parents on our wedding night while I went home, by myself. 

Not going to lie, it was rough for a while after the wedding. Some people even thought that I was going to divorce him and his own sister said that I should get an annulment. I can completely laugh about it now and I like giving him a hard time about it sometimes too! Man is he lucky I love him!  

Last night to celebrate our anniversary we went out to eat since my mom is in town and she offered to babysit. And boy do we know how to be romantic....we ended up at Buffalo Wild Wings! Nothing screams romance like a sports/hot wings place. Which by the way was my idea, they have the best fried mushrooms and I was craving them big time!

We had a couple of these


bud light for him, twisted margarita for me

Ryan stuffed his face with this


That would be two hamburger patties stuffed with a piece of steak & some onion rings with some kind of honey bbq sauce all over it....it was right up his ally. I however stuck with the grilled chicken wrap with some spicy garlic sauce & of course the fried garlic mushrooms with some kind of southwest ranch, which was ah.maz.ing. Highly recommend it! 

After we got home for the night, I dragged my wedding dress out. I was determined to try it on, whether is was 10:30 pm or not! 

The verdict of the dress....it zipped up!! It was snug, I couldn't really breathe very well but it zipped! 


 It definitely didn't help that I had two margs, fried mushrooms and a chicken wrap before I trying it on but it did feel good knowing that it zipped. Hopefully the next time I decide to try it on I will be able to breathe a little easier with it on!!

13 comments:

Heather said...

Hahahaha...I LOVE that you got your wedding dress out!!! You go girl!

Ashley Mitchell said...

Yay! I wanna get mine out now! Pretty sure it wouldnt zip, but it would be fun to try

Cassie said...

yay!! i love that you are back to blogging too!!

and that's quite a wedding night story. hilarious.

Taylor Grace said...

That burger looks like something my boyfriend orders almost every time we go out to dinner. Isn't life so fair between guys and girls?! Ha. Thanks for leaving a comment so I could find you!

Meagan said...

Do it!! I think I'm going to try mine on every couple of years on our anniversary....and I was thisclose to trying my shoes & veil on also! lol

Meagan said...

Oh yes, I'm pretty sure no one will ever have a story quite like that one. I mean really, who spends their wedding night at separate houses?!?!

Meagan said...

I don't know how they can eat like that all the time, I'm pretty sure I gained 5 pounds just looking at it!

btw...I just did my "woohoo I have another follower" dance! Thanks!! :)

Meagan said...

I almost didn't do it but I knew I had to do it when someone else was there to zip it up for me!

Sarah said...

Oh lovie. Your wedding night sounds like my entire marriage lol.

Love the wedding dress idea!! Mine is in a pretty box & I don't think I will ever get it out!!

Adrien said...

Ack - just now seeing this!

First of all - OH. MY. GOSH. I would have been livid. Don't blame ya! And now you can use it for leverage for the rest of your marriage. :D

You look FABULOUS in your dress! I definitely wouldn't fit in mine right now. :)

Meagan said...

I thought about getting my dress preserved too but didn't want to spend the money on it. Hell, i never even got it cleaned, the bottom of it is still black as can be.

Meagan said...

Oh yes, lots of leverage! Actually a couple of weeks after the wedding I got the diamond necklace that I wanted for a long time! ;)

Thanks! You gave a legitimate excuse as to why you cant fit in yours right now!

Jen said...

I'm just keep thinking about the repeption and the thought that was going through my head...."oh shit, Ryan is fucked!"

Hooray your dress fits!!! And your are looking pretty fab latley!