5.08.2012

And I'm Back

Today I'm back to the grind of things. I decided to give myself a break from pretty much everything last week. Seriously, everything....I didn't cook much, I didn't do any laundry or cleaning, I didn't count calories or even attempt to watch what I was eating, I didn't open the computer which lead to no blogging. 

Last week was full of birthday parties, a wedding, baseball games, margaritas, food, beer, friends, family, new stoves, and of course instagram. 

Last weekend my grandpa got married! I couldn't be happier for him, and Betty of course too. He deserves nothing more than to be happy in life and he has finally reached that point again, which definitely makes my heart smile. I'm not going to lie, it was a little hard just for the fact that it made me miss my grandma a little more than usual but I think that is a little expected, but I adore Betty and am very happy that she is a part of our family now. The wedding was really nice and I'm sure that they are both ecstatic that it is finally over! Keegan was the ring bearer and was beyond excited to walk down the aisle, until he got cold feet right before the wedding which then led to some hysterical crying on his part and me walking down the aisle with him. I was very persistant at the rehearsal that I was not going to walk down with him if he chickened out but he had the rings tied onto his pillow, he had to get down there somehow!

I of course was a bad photographer that day and didn't take a whole lot of pictures but here are a few.

Ceremony


Reception


And the only picture I have with all four of us in it....plus my mom & brother.


We went to the baseball game last week and had amazing seats! Seriously, I want to sit there every.single.time I go to a game. For a $60 ticket we got our seat {which wasn't a regular fold down seat, we had chairs that pulled out & a little table in front of us}, free beer & free food all night!! Um, does it get much better than that? Don't think so! I of course decided that I needed to take full advantage of the free food & beer deal, which lead to drinking a countless number of beers & eating almost 3 full hot dogs, two servings of cole slaw, a cookie, a brownie, tons of nachos and a couple bites of  beef brisket. Told you I wasn't counting calories!! And can I just throw this out there, the ball park had some of the best cole slaw I have ever eaten in my entire life....and I didn't even know they had cole slaw there!



I'm not positive but it is a good possibility that I ate just as much or even a little more than the guys. What can I say, I was enjoying eating whatever the hell I wanted to and there is nothing better than nachos & hot dogs at the ball park!!

I'll leave you with some recent instagram pics!


One more thing...it is ridiculous how excited I am about getting a new stove/oven. However, not so excited that I'm letting Ryan count it as a mother's day gift...which he did try to do.


No comments: