10.21.2010

I'm Caught in a Love Triangle

Not really but I am absolutely in love with one of my favorite things in the whole wide world!! I know what you're thinking...what on earth can you possibly love that much?

Well my friends, let me share it with you! It is.....drum roll please......
my CROCK POT!!

Who ever invented this incredible piece of art {ok that might be exaggerating it a little} is an absolute genius! I mean you put food it, plug it in, turn it on, and voila....dinner is made!! I have no idea who the inventor is but if I had to guess, I would say it was a woman. I mean what kind of guy would of come up with such an incredible solution to easy cooking? Exactly my point, it had to of been a woman! :)

As much as I love my crock pot there is something that I love almost as much...

Meet my crock pot's BFF, Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners!

These things are absolutely amazing and a must have for when you use the crock pot! I have to admit, I use to not enjoy using it because I dreaded having to clean it afterwards {in my pre-dishwasher days}. With these life savers, there is virtually no clean up at all. After you are done with it, you simply take the liner out and throw it in the trash! Don't get me wrong, the crock pot will get a little dirty but no more scrubbing it clean. Sometimes I still throw it in the dishwasher but most of the time I just squirt a little dish soap in it and wipe it out....it's as simple as that!

In one of my previous posts, someone shared a great, easy recipe for the crock pot.  I have to say that this recipe is awesome and it has become a new favorite of mine because 1 it's extremely easy {so easy no one can mess it up} and 2 it tastes amazing! I thought I would share it with you! {how nice of me right?!}

Here it is, chicken tacos:
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 cup of your favorite salsa
1 package of taco seasoning
And that's it...seriously, there is nothing else to this recipe...only three ingredients!

Now for the directions:
Place the frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot {yes you read that correctly, frozen}. Can I just add that the fact that you use frozen chicken breasts amazes me, not sure why but it does! Mix the salsa and package of taco seasoning together. Pour over the chicken breasts.

 It should look something like this.

Turn crock pot on low and let it cook away! When it is done, simply shred up the chicken and it is ready to eat!

It doesn't look too easy on the eyes but let me tell you, your stomach will thank you for it! :) Simply add your favorite taco toppings and stuff your face....I mean enjoy! The first time I made this Keegan ate two tacos!

A couple of side notes:
I use my mix 'n chop from PC to shred the chicken, so if you don't have one I'm not sure how else you would do it but I'm sure you will find a way!

I use a whole jar of salsa, not sure why but I do and it turns out great!

The first time I made this I forgot to add the taco seasoning....oops! No worries though, I just added it when I got home and mixed it all together when I shredded the chicken, you couldn't even tell! :)

I usually let the chicken sit and soak up all the juices after I shred it and turn the crock pot on "Keep Warm". I mostly do this because Ryan gets home an hour after I do so we don't eat it right away but I think it is a good idea to do it anyways....not necessarily for an hour, maybe 20 minutes or so?

Everytime I've made this I have only had 3 chicken breasts so that is the only way I've made it and yes, I still use the whole jar of salsa & the whole packet of seasoning!

Before I forget....I would like to say thank you, thank you, thank you to Cassie for sharing such an awesome recipe!

I have to admit....for as much as I love my crock pot I don't use it nearly as often as I would like. I think it is because of the fact that I don't have a whole lot of recipes to use in it.

So...have any good crock pot recipes you want to share?!?!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

This is in my crock pot as we speak/type.
What you need:
3-4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chicken broth
1 package Stove Top/Chicken Stuffing

Put chicken in bottom of crock pot, and pour half can of chicken broth over top. In a seperate bowl mix the rest of the chicken broth, mushroom soup, and stuffing. Mix well. Pour over top of chicken. Leave on low for 7-8 hours (or like us close to 9).
When I get home tonight I am just going to make some instant potatoes and a can of green beans. We will see how it turns out!